Wednesday, July 14, 2010

SharkyBids.. How True?

Please follow me closely throughout my analysis as I promise it'll be fruitful. :)

Firstly, let's take a look at the testimonial page of this website.




I can only say I'm truly suspicious of a website completely without user validated testimonial.

Alright, let's see what they have in the 'some well thought out strategies as well as some do's and dont's at this great Blog Post.'

I was redirected to this site: http://www.sharkybidsscam.com/.
(Why this domain name as blog? For better search engine optimization I guess?)



It goes about asking you to type in the marked bonus code ‘iwantwin’ when you purchase so that he can get the affiliate bonus.

Teaching you some DO'S and DONT'S that he claim it's how to scam SharkyBids out of prizes!


He even mentioned that he used SharkyBids a fair bit and won alot of stuffs. quoted : 'Over the whole time I have definitely saved money, probably around RM 7000 in total.'


  
Forget about those. Just remember what I'm trying to highlight to you below.


(SharkyBidsScam.com is registered @ ENOM INC and hosted @ NAMECHEAPHOSTING.com)


           (Hosting IP: 205.251.130.241)




Ok, moving ok. I selected 'Another article about winning tactics and how to bid against different bidders types!'

Was redirected to this site: http://sharkybidsfraud.com/ 
(Another suspicious domain for search engine optimization purpose??)




This blog owner also mentioned:

With the information that you have been provided here you can use SharkyBids to your advantage by exploiting the weaknesses of other users. The main message of this post is that if you don’t play to win, you are playing to lose.

(Again this bonus code thing trying to prove he's a normal user?)
Now, please use the bonus code "IWANTWIN" next time you purchase bids. You will get 15% extra bids and I will get my affiliate bonus.
Thank You!









Now the fact.
 

(SharkyBidsFraud.com is registered @ ENOM INC and hosted @ NAMECHEAPHOSTING.com)


            (Hosting IP: 205.251.130.241)


Okay. Maybe it's the same user having two blog? So what now? I went to http://www.sharkybids.info/ knowing that it's their official site.




(SharkyBids.info also registered @ ENOM INC ??)
(Admin stated resides in US, CA, Westchester when SharkyBids website server is actually singapore based??)

 

(Hosting IP: 205.251.130.241 again???)






I went into 'A great Squidoo Lens all about SharkyBids.com!' and was redirected to:





The first thing that caught my eye was this header...
Someone just won Nikon D90 at SharkyBids.com for only $42.69


Bargains like this happen everyday at SharkyBids!
 
 
It was a video posted by this user SahrkyBidsRoks.
By looking at this name alone, I already doubt whether this user is real.
 
 
I went to youtube to take a look at the user profile.


(The joined day of this user to youtube was 27 March 2010 which is exactly the date where SharkyBidFraud.com domain was created.)







I also took a quick glance at the official SharkyBids's youtube channel.
Current subscriber: Only 9 
(Base on the ending price of products, I strongly believe there should be more than this figure?)
Country: Singapore
(Reconfirmed my assumption that SharkyBids should be Singapore originated)


Last but not least, I went into 'Another interesting Blog from one of our regular winners.' & was redirected to: http://indurics.com/2010/03/18/sharky-bids/

(The entire review has most of the keywords hyperlinked to SharkyBids.com)
(There's one response asking if the reviewer won anything, no avail...)
(Post is published on 18 March 2010, MARCH period again???)



Didn't SharkyBid mentioned that this is a Blog from one of their regular winners???


(But looks like that's not the case. indurics.com is a site that does PAID ADVERTISING :D)





Summary:

By monitoring SharkyBids.com's traffic within peak timezone of few highest % visitor country, product relist quantity/timing interval, product ending pricing, I would say that they could be using Bots to prevent users from winning items below their expected pricing.


From all the analysis above:






I will rate SharkyBids.com a score of  2.5/10

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Posted @ 12:48 PM | PermaLink |

Introduction

Under Construction
Penny Auction Rankings

Website Rating
www.SharkyBids.com 2.5/10
www.QuiBids.com 0.5/10

Archive

Favorite Links